By: Mercy Healthplex Staff
To mitigate the spread of any germs in our facility, we have an extensive daily deep cleaning schedule that goes beyond industry standards. Find out what our current members are saying about their personal experiences since returning to Mercy HealthPlex.
Dr. Diana Combs, Anderson HealthPlex
– What’s the best part about returning to the Center? Obviously, the opportunity to exercise again after several months was, without hyperbole, exhilarating! A necessary aspect of my daily routine. But what made, and continues to make, my entrance into the gym so delightful was the genuinely warm greeting by ALL the staff. Headed by Sarah Davis, who always sets the most positive tone by personal engagement and a warmth and ebullience that is infectious for both the staff and members. I never leave the front desk without a smile on my face. The personal recognition by name reflects the spirit of an embracing community. There are too many to mention, but those that I encounter with some regularity – Sunny, Cathy, Meredith, Holly, Jacob, Nicoletta, Teri, and, of course, Sarah, are the best recommendation for the gym.
– How often do you work out at the center since reopening? My husband and I usually come 4 or 5 times a week when we are in town (most of the time).
– Kit Overbeck, Anderson HealthPlex
– What’s the best part about returning to the Center? Working out, seeing my friends and feeling good is important.
– How often do you work out at the center since reopening? Most days I walk the track when it’s hot outside. I use the Fitness Floor when I have an hour.
– How comfortable are you working out at the center since reopening? I am very comfortable otherwise I wouldn’t be here. I observe cleaning by the staff and I am careful to sanitize each place I touch.
Dave Lahni, Queen City HealthPlex
– What’s the best part about returning to the Center? The best part about being back to the Plex is hands down my favorite class, Tone and Chisel with Joe Wagner. During quarantine I was extremely bored, felt disconnected, stressed and out of shape. I really missed working out, being motivated and held accountable, social life and an overall sense of normalcy. I can do that now in a social distanced setting, feeling very safe and comfortable doing such. It’s great seeing friends, the Queen City crew and, of course, exercising. I was gone so long they even laughed at my old jokes again! I feel so much better getting back to my routine. Now more than ever exercising is imperative to manage stress and overall health.
– How often do you work out at the center since reopening? I come to the center 3-4 days a week
– How comfortable are you working out at the center since reopening? I feel extremely safe and comfortable working out at the center. The staff and center are following all the guidelines set forth by the CDC, putting our health and safety as their utmost priority. They have always gone above and beyond even before COVID so it’s no surprise to me and others that they are doing all they can to ensure the wellbeing of all that enter the Plex. On a consistent basis I see the staff; double cleaning items that have been wiped down, wearing masks correctly, holding themselves and others accountable to stop the spread all while delivering an exceptional experience! I truly feel welcomed, safe and have a great time at the center.
Mike Berlon, Downtown HealthPlex
– What’s the best part about returning to the center? For me, the best part about getting back to the center is the feeling of normalcy. When everything shut down, the routine I had developed was interrupted. I wasn’t able to exercise like I wanted to, and my mental health suffered because of it. I didn’t realize how much I counted on my trips to work out until I couldn’t do it anymore. Getting back into the center has helped me get back to where I was physically before everything shut down and has helped alleviate the stress and anxiety that I was feeling being stuck without a gym.
How often do you work out at the center since reopening? I work out five days a week at the center.
– How comfortable are you working out at the center since reopening? I feel very comfortable working out at the center. Seeing the work being done to clean the equipment, sanitizing the showers and locker room, and taking necessary precautions like temperature checks and requiring masks when coming and going helps set my mind at ease that the staff at the center is doing everything they can to keep the members safe and healthy.
Kevin Patel, Downtown HealthPlex
– What’s the best part about returning to the center? Getting back to my exercise routine. It’s very convenient for me since I work in downtown.
– How often do you work out at the center since reopening? 4 times a week
– How comfortable are you working out at the center since reopening? I am very comfortable. The fitness center follows all guidelines required by State. All team members are very helpful.
Lisa Middleman, Fairfield HealthPlex
– What’s the best part about returning to the center? The best part for me about returning to the HealthPlex is being able to do my water classes and work out with my personal trainer. Hannah makes water classes enjoyable and is a very motivational personal trainer.
– How often do you work out at the center since reopening? I attend water classes 4 times a week (I even added an evening class since I’ve been back). I train 2 times a week. Training is my favorite thing to do.
– How comfortable are you working out at the center since reopening? I am very comfortable working out at the HealthPlex. The place is extremely clean, and I am able to social distance. I like how the showers are being sanitized after each use. I appreciate that they keep the water classes to an appropriate number.
To maximize your opportunities to save on membership, programs and services with the promotions, please visit the Member Services desk, call (513) 942-7539 or complete the form below:
† Survey results collected from 1,339 active members at Power Wellness managed centers between July – August 2020.
Click below to learn more.Membership
Sign up to receive our newsletter and emails
Mercy HealthPlex - 7495 State Rd. - Cincinnati, Ohio - 45255 - (513) 942-7539
Mercy HealthPlex Fairfield - 3050 Mack Rd. - Fairfield, Ohio 45014 - 513-682-1212
Mercy HealthPlex Queen City - 3131 Queen City Ave. - Cincinnati, Ohio 45238 -513-389-5600
Mercy HealthPlex Downtown - 221 E. Fourth St. Suite 250 - Cincinnati, Ohio 45202 - 513-924-8414